CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I suddenly have a bad taste in the back of my mouth, and an

I suddenly have a bad taste in the back of my mouth, and an extremely high libido, (to the point that it is completely insatiable. I have started crying from frustration). What the heck is going on with me?

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. What kind of a bad taste? Rotten, sour,bitter,metallic?

JACUSTOMER-17f6473q- :

Hello?

JACUSTOMER-17f6473q- :

I apologize but I am unsure as to what I am to be doing.

Edited by CamilleRN on 10/14/2010 at 2:06 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sort of bitter, almost like tylenol except that I am on no medications whatsoever, and have not even taken a tylenol in weeks.
You may have a tonsil stone(s) Tonsil stones or also called tonsiliths are putrid smeilling and tasting balls of old food, salia and bacteria which become trapped in the tonsil folds. Here is a video which shows tonsil stones... after you see what it is, look into your throat and see if you can see anything similar in the folds of the tonsils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxjg5uyaww
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nope, that isn't it. I am actually more concerned about the unrelenting change in libido. They presented at precisly the same time. I normaly have a fairly low libido, (we have 4 kids and I am notoriously low on time and energy) Yet suddenly I am completly insatable. I also noticed today in the shower that I have breastmilk even tho I have not breast fed in almost 2 years, and that only for a few months.
The fact that you have noted breast milk coupled with the increase in labido warrants a pregnancy test, and if it is not possible that you are pregnant, then investigation into your hormone levels may be helpful in pin pointing a reason for the sudden change in labido and breast milk. I would recommend you make an appointment with your gynecologist so he can help you with this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am most assuridly not pregnant, as I had a tubal ligation. What hormones could cause this and is there any potential danger? My husband lost his job and our insurance with it so I can't afford to go to the doctor for something that is most likely harmless.
It's important to know that mood disorders as well as foods you eat (
oysters, pistachios, chocolate and certain spices, such as chili pepper and ginger)
and testosterone levels can all cause an increase in labido. There is a syndrome called Persistant Genital Arousal Disorder, you can read abit it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_genital_arousal_disorder
Also brain changes can bring about changes in labido as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much! I asked this same question on the medical side and the OB-GYN was completly unhelpfull, just sugested I start an antianxiety med and seemed agitated by my followup questions. You are so patient and seem to truly give a darn. Bless you.