Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

I have a round, flat, itchy, red, circular rash on my neck.

I have a round, flat, itchy, red, circular rash on my neck. It's been there for two days. How long before I should have it checked out by a doctor? No fever, no trouble breathing. Just a strange rash that seemed to come from nowhere.
It sounds like you have urticaria, or hives. These are almost never caused by a specific allergic cause, such as new soaps and detergents. The goal of treatment is to make the symptoms tolerable, until they go away, which they do. Methods of therapy include antihistamines and topical creams and sometimes short a short course of oral steroids. You should wait till 48 hrs till condition improves otherwise see your Physician .
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Dr. Naeem - Unfortunately this thing doesn't look like hives to me. It's a round red rash (no small white bumps like hives usually appear) and I've had it for two solid days now. It looks more like a diaper rash, or heat rash. Since it's been about 48 hours since the onset - I'll contact my doctor. Thanks.

Thanks for your input.It can be fungal infection then or round worm .Better to see your doctor now.