Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

My 18 month old baby has red spots on his tummy and a little

My 18 month old baby has red spots on his tummy and a little bit on his lower back. He had 101 temperature last night
The child is having viral infection called Roseola.It normally present like this and kid will be fine after 5 days.However,it leads to a high grade fever which should be managed by medications and cold sponging .If the fever is not dropping and baby refuses to feed or too much vomiting.If he is looking lethargic then you must see your Physician.
Please also see this link:
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Should I continue giving him the ibuprofen ? He goes to a daycare, should he stay home the next few days?

He should stay home at least for next 3 to 4 days.Yes,continue giving him Ibuprofen Syrup.