Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

Iam currently on Desogen tablets ( birth control) and have

Iam currently on Desogen tablets ( birth control) and have been on for alomost 4 years. And i have a steady boyfriend so i dont want to take any chances but would also like to take hydoxycut the weight loss pill just to help me increase weight loss at gym. Really want to know if it gets in the way of birth contol at all????
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

I will be working on your answer and checking for any cross reactions. I don't know of any but will check for you.
OK, There was no mention of any interactions between the medication and herbal supplement.

However, because the FDA does not regulate the supplement it hasn't been carefully looked at.

I will caution you though that there was a recall of Hydroxycut in May 2009 because of patients having liver damage from this supplement. That would be more concerning than taking it with Desogen.