Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

Hi, I am taking Nora-BE, and in the last week of the pill pack.

Hi, I am taking Nora-BE, and in the last week of the pill pack. I still have not started my period, I'm in my 4 month of taking it. Took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came up negative. Is this normal?
Did you have a cycle with the other months?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it did, first month started on Tues, normal heavy. Next month started on wed, lighter, then following month Thursday very light.
That makes sense.

You do need to make sure you are not pregnant. IF you are not then you are experiencing a side effect of the progesterone only pill.

This is probably due to too much progesterone in your system. You can try taking a lower dose of it if you want to have a period each month. However, you can also continue to take the pill and have no or very light cycles. Your endometrium is suppressed and not building up so that is why it is OK for you to continue taking the pill.

However, a disadvantage is that when you don't have cycles, it always make you worried about being pregnant. It is good to have a cycle 3-4 times a year.

If it is not contraindicated in your case you can also take an estrogen and progesterone pill. Then you would have monthly cycles.

So this is a common side effect of progesterone only pills. You will need to decide which will fit your needs better. ANd of course, talk this over with your provider.