Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

at what age should a child stop wetting the bed. I know of

at what age should a child stop wetting the bed. I know of a 10 year old that still does. she has been to a uroligist they gave her some medicine but it just give her a tract infection. she has an alarm that go off in the middle of the night to wake her up so she can go to the bathroom. That does help a little but has not stopped it. She tries not to drink anything after 7 but sometimes that is hard. When she was little she had hip dysplasia and she had surgery could of that caused something to not function right.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr J Burk :

Dr J Burk :

Most kids are dry by 5 years and most Drs would treat at about age 7 and above.

Dr J Burk :

Please be aware that up to 5% of adults wet the bed. This is called nocturnal enuresis.

Dr J Burk :

The bell and pad that you describe is considered to be the most effective intervention.

Dr J Burk :

Her problem will not be related to her hip surgery - but it can run in families.