Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I was just prescribed Levaquin for my UTI. When i asked about

I was just prescribed Levaquin for my UTI. When i asked about the side effects the pharmacist said it may cause nasuea and vommitting. When i had a UTI a few months ago i was prescribed Bactrim, and when i asked about the side effects then, i was told there were no side effects. Why are there side effects with Levaquin, and if so, are the side effects common? Or is it just a possibility?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Did you have any side effects when you took it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When i took Bactrim i didnt have any side effects. I havent taken the Levaquin yet
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Usually with bactrim the biggest risk and side effect are blood problems, a skin rash all over the body, and rarely this happens, but severe reactions can occur.
As for Levaquin, rare reactions too with this mediction, but all over the news you are hearing about ligament disruption, but this is rare. But other reactions are diarrhea, nausea, vomitting, but again, the reactions are rare, especially at your age.