Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

leg..pain in my right shoulder that right arm to my elbow

am a 61 year old woman.... took a fall a couple of week ago, landed on my right side.. most of the pains, bruising on leg and side are subsiding... last evening started having (or maybe noticing) a pain in my right shoulder that reaches to my right should blade... now that same pain is going down in my right arm to my elbow... could this be anything else??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started

Do you also have any neck pain?

Is there limitation of movements of neck?

Please reply.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There isn't any pain in my neck... my concern is... could the pain I'm having be related to a heart issue???
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Sorry to ask more as you have some other query-

1.What is the character of pain(is it crushing /piercing type)?

2.Are you taking treatment for high blood pressure/diabetes?

3.Are you obese?

4.Is there associated sweating?

Please reply.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the pain is a consistent ACHE, nothing crushing or sharp. I do take Triam/HCTZ 37.5 mg.. am a bit overweight, but not obese. No associated sweating.. my father had heart issues, so I'm concerned.

Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for information.

Generally the pain from heart disease radiates in the left arm but variations are there where pain can radiate even in the back or abdomen or other arm.The pain due to heart disease is in generally crushing to severely piercing & persons does have associated cold sweat due to stimulation of sympathetic nervous system.

Looking at your details it looks that most probably this pain is not due to heart disease.This may be related to soft tissue trauma to your shoulder or neck.

If you find any of the symptoms which are listed above then please consult to your doctor immediately.

Hope this will help you.