Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

My blood is Rh negative, and I am 6 weeks pregnant. How soon

My blood is Rh negative, and I am 6 weeks pregnant. How soon do I need a shot to keep from miscarrying?
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Rhogam shot is given between 28-30 weeks of pregnancy (I am Rh negative also and got mine at 30 weeks). If your baby will be Rh positive when it is born, you might receive another shot within 72 hours of delivery.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click 'Accept' button. Otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,