Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

Two days ago, when I was going to sleep, I felt something that

Two days ago, when I was going to sleep, I felt something that seemed like a pimple under my right breast. But now, it is getting bigger, and it is painful when I touch it. And also the skin above it is red, or dark pink. In the mirror it still looks like a pimple, but when I touch it, it feels more like a small lump. I'm only nineteen years old. I have an appointment to see my doctor next week, but till then, I just want to know if this can be cancer or not.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Is the lump on the skin of the breast or on the skin under the breast? (meaning on the ribs under the breast?)

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is on the skin just under the breast.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

First, if it is not actually on the breast, it is nothing to worry about.
Even if it were on the skin of the breast, it is unlikely to be anything worrisome in a 19 year old.
Women can develop boils (skin abscesses) anywhere on the body, including on the skin of the breast.
The skin can develop what is called "induration" which is a lump like swelling due to an inflammatory response to the infection.

What I recommend is for you to apply warm compresses to the area for 10 minutes three times per day.
You can also apply an antibiotic ointment after the warm compresses.

If you find it is getting larger, more red and painful, you will probably need to go to an urgent care center over the weekend for drainage. A small incision is made (after numbing the area) and then the infection/pus is drained out.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!