CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have had bronchitis for two weeks, been on medication and

I have had bronchitis for two weeks, been on medication and have ended up with thrush. By using the cream to treat the thrush I have discovered a hard lump in my vagina, a reasonable size and I can now feel it there all the time. Prior to the bronchitis and the coughing I had been experiencing some incontinence when sneezing, coughing or when trying to get to the toilet. What is this and what do I need to do about it?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. You may have a prolapsed uterus... which is when the ligaments holding the pelvic organs in place becomes weakened and permits the uterus to hang into the vagina. This is fairly common in older women. I would recommend you make an appointment to see your gynecologist so he can examine you and determine whether or not surgical repair is recommended. I hope this information helps you... please let me know if I can help you further:-)

JACUSTOMER-jl9ylfrl- :

I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago

CamilleRN :

This lump needs to be evaluated by your Doctor.. it can be a cyst or it can be a tumor.. for your peace of mind, and to make sure you receove proper treatment, I would recommend you have it looked at. Don't be too worried... in most cases a lump is not serious.

JACUSTOMER-jl9ylfrl- :

Thank you

JACUSTOMER-jl9ylfrl- :

Could it be related to my bladder?

CamilleRN :

Due to a system error, any messages sent within the past 60 seconds have not been posted. If you leave this window open, these messages will be exchanged as soon as the system recovers.

11:04 AM

System Back Online

JACUSTOMER-jl9ylfrl- says:

11:02 AM

Thank you

11:03 AM

Could it be related to my bladder?

CamilleRN says:

1:01 PM

yes, this is possible also.You may have something called a cystocele where the bladder can droop inti the vagina.

CamilleRN :

Could it be related to my bladder?

CamilleRN says:

1:01 PM

yes, this is possible also.You may have something called a cystocele where the bladder can droop into the vagina.

1:06 PM