Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

My left temporal lobe (lateral to my left eye and extending

My left temporal lobe (lateral to my left eye and extending into my scalp) is extremely sensitive/painful to touch. What could this mean?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.

Since how long you have this?

Do you have other symptoms like
Nasal obstruction
Nasal discharge
Fluid trickling in throat
Throat irritation
nasal bleeding
crackling in ears

Hows your blood pressure?
Any pain in eye?
Do you smoke?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think I have had it off and on for a few months....hard to say as I have a four month old baby and have been sleep deprived. I have had ongoing throat irritation, but chalked it up to allergies. Not sure about my blood pressure....last time I checked I think it was around 130/85. I do not have pain in my eyes and no I do not smoke. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

There can be two possible diagnosis on the basis of information you have provided. With the history of throat irritation the sinus infection can cause this. The other possible cause can be temporal arteritis but less likely because you have it on left side only. The area of your pain is not a classical one for the sinus headache but fairly possible. Anyhow a doctors visit is necessary for investigations like ESR, sinus xrays or CT to see the status of that area. But donot worry hopefully nothing will be serious and you will get fine once treated on right lines. Till you visit him you can take Tab ibuprofen Thrice daily. You can start with Tab citrizine once daily to help you with allergies. Both are otc and can be taken by nursing mother. But Since it has been going on for few months, its recommended to see a doctor. Initially you can see PCP and later he can refer to ENT doctor or neurologist as per suspicion.

I hope this helps you.

Good Luck

Please click ACCEPT if i have answered your question