Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

This is going to sound like a stupid and irrational question.

This is going to sound like a stupid and irrational question. Every single month I worry about my girlfriend getting her period. Every month is a constant worry if she would be pregnant. She is on the pill, we use condoms correctly, and I pull out every time (while still using a spermicide condom). We have never had unprotected sex. The condom has thankfully never broken.

I decided to end the worry and fear by stopping having sex. We have not had sex in 6-7 weeks. Lets say, early August was the last time. The 2 times we had sex in early August, she was on the pill (she had been on it for months), we used spermicide condoms correctly, plus I pulled out well before finishing. Since that time, she had a period in very early September (maybe 3rd of September).

She is due for a period very soon, and the week prior I worry a lot. Even though we have not had sex since well before her last period I still worry. I worry that maybe her last period was implantation bleeding, even thought it was heavy blood for days, had every symptom of period, and occurred exactly the same time as her periods normally do. She has had symptoms of a pending period during the past few days, and she is due in 2-4 days probably.

Should I be worried about her not getting her period? Should I be worried about her being pregnant? Are my fears totally irrational?

Thank you for any assistance.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Yes, your fears are irrational. There is no need to worry when you triple protect yourself and also have not had sex for over 6-7 weeks. If she is having all of her normal symptoms prior to a period, then she will be getting it in a few days.

Please do not worry. You have absolutely no reason to think she is pregnant.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.
If I answered your question, please click 'Accept' button. Otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,

Julia