Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

just half way down from the knee an ankel on my right leg..bone..leg

i have fallen on my lower leg just half way down from the knee an ankel on my right leg the bone is brusied i had xrays taken no brake or fracture the doctor stated it was a brusied bone. after keeping leg still during the night it is very painful to move in the morning getting out of bed. leg is swollen in calf area and can feel a swelling on side on leg half way down to the ankle. leg tends to swell greater if stanking or walking for any period and is painful to walk. why does the leg swell and so painful if bone is only brusied? can my bone be bleeding?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear about this.

When exactly you got this trauma?

Which specialist you have visited so far?

Is this always painful to walk?

What is the color of skin on that area?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
5 days ago
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

This seems to be a soft tissue trauma. The bone cannot bleed till its fractured, Normal xray rules out any fractured bone and similarly rules out bleeding from bone. Yes this can be a soft tissue trauma with some bleeding inside which has stopped. It will hopefully go away in few days. Right now the course of treatment would be tab ibuprofen thrice daily, leg elevation , icing like you are already doing. But if things continue like the same or worsen then donot ignore this and see an orthopedic doctor because if you have seen a PCP , he might have missed something.

i hope this helps you .

please click ACCEPT if i have answered your question

Dr Hasan