Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

If someone is very aggressive but when uses cocaine becomes

If someone is very aggressive but when uses cocaine becomes very calm...do they need aganist med or antagonist med? Very confusing for me. Mood swings indicate bipolar so could zyprexa help or would u need combination to balance. The aggression is BIG problem. That why the cocaine is used to keep from acting on violent feeling. once used calm as can be. ??????? Trying to find proper treatment. I know it is also an addiction but the addiction seemed to come about as self medicating.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
If there is a aggressive problem with cocaine, this could be an undiagnosed psychiatric problem that needs to be looked into. And, I would highly recommend making an appointment with your physician as you might need a medication such as an SSRI or SNRI such as Celexa, Effexor, Pristiq or Lexapro and this might help with the aggression without resorting to cocaine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No u misundertood. the aggression and violent behavior stops immediatley with the use of the cocaine. My question is if cocaine is an agonist, is it an agonist med needed or anta?onist needed.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
I understand, but that is what I was trying to show you - I understand that the cocaine takes the aggression away - but why does this, because? Because this is a power pain antagonist and it calms you, hence antagonist. So, for this, you are looking to Antagonize the behavior - hence the medications I suggested.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please ask, and Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated for my time and service to you, thank you very much.
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.