Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

MRA reports states..least a 75 percent blockage in my distal aorta

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with PVD known for a week now. The MRA reports states that it is at least a 75 percent blockage in my distal aorta. I am waiting now for the disc and also an appointment next week? My doctor thinks the number is XXXXX because they put 2cm or more of blockage, in which he states is about the size of this area. I am not going to this doctor because he is affiliated with a very bad hospital. Now I am waking up with my chest congested and tight, (I do not have a cold). Both of my hips are in pain and hot to the touch even at rest. Now my lower calf and a little above hurts when I move it. I also have an underlying blood disorder (antiphospholipid syndrome) which also puts me at high risks for clots and or heart problems. I am only 42 years old, my question is, should I be waiting around as a ticking time bomb, or should I wait until next wednesday to see a new doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Blockage of the descending aorta by more then 75% is really a serious thing,in your language you are really sitting on a tickling bomb.You should consult to your doctor specially a vascular surgeon as early as possible as an unexpected blockage by a thrombus may lead to complete blockage of your descending aorta which may be disastrous & lead to complication like loss of vascularity or aortic dissection or aneurysm.

Hope this will help you.