Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

I have restless leg syndeome and i am on medication for it

Customer Question

I have restless leg syndeome and i am on medication for it which definetly helps stop my legs from moving when i am sitting still and i have been to the doctors several times I'm being told it all comes from the restless leg syndrome, but my legs
acke all the time, both off them... once i have been sitting and go to get up my legs are stiff and i have to work the stiffness out but they continue to acke everyday all the time...
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 6 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

Restless leg syndrome, by itself, will not cause a shaking (or, tremor) of your legs. Restless leg syndrome will cause the tingling, crawling, odd sensations that will make you move your legs to make the sensation stop. But it does not cause tremors.

Your leg tremors are caused by something else. The tremors, aching and stiffness are due to another condition besides restless leg syndrome.

Here is a link for more information about Restless Leg Syndrome. Read this carefully so you know which of your symptoms are caused by this disorder. Then speak with your doctor if you feel you have symptoms that are not explained. You may need a referral to a specialist (perhaps a neurologist) to determine the actual cause of your tremors, aching and stiffness.

Edited by Valarie on 10/1/2010 at 5:02 PM EST