Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

My daughter who is 14 years old is getting whitish patches

My daughter who is 14 years old is getting whitish patches on her face.She was prescribed Daktarin which she used for 3 weeks,then Daktakort which she used for two days but it caused her to get a rash and runny nose.It says on the leaflet to stop using the product if that happens and she has. Can i use hydrocortisone 1% on the face?also,how can I be sure whether or not it is leucoderma/vitilago?

When she is having rash after using Daktacort, she should stop using it & contact her doctor.

Daktacort also contains hydrocortisone.

So you should not apply 1% hydrocortisone .

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.

Edited by Dr. Saha on 10/1/2010 at 9:52 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Dr Saha.Why is this happening?Can these be the symptoms of vitilago/leucoderma?she does not have these patches anywhere else on her body.I have taken her to the doctor twice before.Would it be within reason to ask for referral to a dermatologist?She has been having these since August.
It is difficult to predict about the cause without examination, but when it is not responding to antifungal & steroid is giving side effect, you can talk with her doctor about referral to dermatologist.

Different steroid molecule or oral medicines can help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is really difficult getting doctor's appointments here.Sometimes takes days.Can I give her over the counter medication like Piriton Syrup in the meantime?
Antihistamines will be helpful to reduce the allergic reaction.

Yes, it can be given till you see her doctor.

If there is any breathing difficulty, facial or throat swelling, take her to hospital.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many,many thanks doctor!!!!!!!!!Apni ki Bangali?apnake anek dhonnobad.Ami Mrs Sengupta
Yes, You are always welcome to JA.

Thank you very much.