Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

2 years ago I had a bowel resection for Crohns and 3 days ago

Customer Question

2 years ago I had a bowel resection for Crohns and 3 days ago I was consitpated and in horrible pain. I left work early, got to the parking lot and was in a huge amount of screaming pain. I got home, feel asleep (very unusal) and woke up and didn't make it to the bathroom in time. I also had a low grade fever. I could not stay awake so I feel asleep again. I was woken again by pain and pnce again I could not make it to the bathroom in time. I would return to the couch and again could not stay awake. I would wake up again and not make it to the bathroom. That issue went away but now I have a bruise that is about 3inches by 3 inches around my belly button. Do I need to go to the dr tomorrow or should I go to the ER now given my past with the resection? When I was in such horrible pain the other day I could have sworn something ripped and I had some of the same inside feelings that I did after my surgery 2 years ago. Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.

Do you still feel pain or tenderness in abdomen?

When did the bruise appear?

Is it on both sides of belly button?

How is your stool & urine?

Do you feel any mass in abdomen?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you still feel pain or tenderness in abdomen? Nothing noticable

When did the bruise appear? I just noticed it about an hour ago

Is it on both sides of belly button? it's on my right side and underneath

How is your stool & urine? urine has been cloudy and stool is loose

Do you feel any mass in abdomen? Nothing that is noticable.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

laying on my right side is a bit uncomfortable. I did have an absese the size of a softball for months and didn't know it though. That is was cause the resection.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

I feel you should go to ER for an examination.

This bruise can indicate a bleeding in the retroperitoneal space or behind the covering of the abdomen

It is not apparent from history about the cause of it.

You need an examination by doctor & tests like ultrasound/ scan to find out the exact cause.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I read the disclaimer....so I should go to the ER instead of waiting to see my dr tomorrow?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
I feel you need to find out the source of bleeding.

The sooner is the better.