Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Hello, I have a lump on the very top of my head. It is sore

I have a lump on the very top of my head. It is sore and tender to the touch. I've always struggled with sinus problems and just assumed the lump was assoicated with that. Is there any other signs I need to look for to potentially realize it's something else?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

Since how long? Where it is precisely located? Its size, consistency? Did it increase in size? Is it movable? Any test ? Any medication /treatment taken?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
About a year now. The location is directly on the top of my head. When I rub my fingers over it, it feels soft and it does move. It's sore and tender to the touch. Dare, I say it feels like fluid? But of course, what do I know what fluid feels like? The size does flucuate, I haven't gotten the pattern down as to when it gets bigger. No tests yet ( I plan to visit my GP soon) I travel extensively with my job and getting back home to make the appt is challening right now. I don't take any meds at all.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The lump is likely to be due to a cyst. Cyst contains fluid within it. Common one is sebaceous or epidermoid. The other probables are lipoma, neuroma etc.This does not sound to be related to sinus issue. In most cases they are benign in nature. However you should get it examined to get the nature confirmed.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I will indeed get it examined by my GP to confirm. Thank you for the information.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

You are always welcome to Just Answer. If you are satisfied with the answer, please press the ACCEPT button so that I can be compensated for my time & effort. Regards.