Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

I found a genital wart this past week. I have been married

I found a genital wart this past week. I have been married 8 years. Faithfully. I have been seriously ill in the past 2 years, and pregnant 2X I am also a smoker. Is there a chance that the infection is from before my marriage? If so how great a chance. My husband has a history of infidelity but never proven with our marriage.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Is your husband is suffering from same condition?

Please reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, not that I know of, he has been out of town tho on and off for the past 6 mos. home only on occational weekends.
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for information.

If you did not have the genital warts in your past life & if you have no history of unprotected intercourse with other then most probably you have acquired them from your husband.
The mode of spread of HPV which is a causative agent for the wart is through the oro genital or genito genital contact or when open surface of a normal person come in contact with infected person's body fluids.

At this present stage you may have relief by application of podophyllin solution 10-25% or podoflox solution 0.5% or trichloracetic acid application.The other method is by cryo surgery.

Hope this will help you.
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience: M.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have heard that this can lay dorment for 20 years. Treatment is taken care of, I just want to attempt to get as accurate a time frame as possible so that I may protect my self from further medical risk if need be. Is it possible for the condition to have hidden for 8 years thru periods of low immunity, child birth, illness, and extreme stress (to the point of hospitalization)? if so how great is this chance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
There is no time limit for which it may remain dorment .It may remain dorment for 2 yr or 20yr,but it may become activated when you have low immunity like during the stress period.

To keep your self protected just use latex condom during the intercourse & keep abstain from sex where ever there is out break of these lesions.

For your information the research is going on the vaccine for HPV & MOST PROBABLY A VACCINE IS GOING TO LAUNCH SOON IN MARKET ,This well help in giving relief from out breaks.

Hope this will help you.
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience: M.D.