Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

a couple of weeks ago my legs were aching (i walk most of the

a couple of weeks ago my legs were aching (i walk most of the time as i have no car) so i thought i had been doing to much. 2 days passed and i had menstral cramps but then it got worse. i tossed and turned one night, my hips were painfully sore, the next night the pain went into my pelvis (sever groin pain) it felt as if something had slipped out of place or like a tendon had popped. i could not lift my legs, bend at the waist, turn right or left, sit or lie down, pain medication did not touch the pain. pain moved down the front of my legs, tenderness in the groin area on the right side, tingeling in my feet, swollen ankle on the right side, pain was about a 12 when i went to the er. could not stand to be touched. after morphine, demoral the pain went to about a 4 and was sent home. follow-up with my doc, xrays, mri, blood work. result was herniated disc, irretation to 2 & 4 vertibra, sciatica. sent home w/vicodine & muscle relaxer and told to rest for 8 wks or less. might there be another reason for my pain. i still have pressure in my pelvis and now i have a boil on my inner thigh.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD :

I think that the ruptured disk is the most likely explanation for your pain. I think the boil on your leg is just a separate problem and probably not related to the major problem with the pain.

Anthony Bray MD :

The irritation of the affected nerve roots in the back is probably the reason for your sensation of pressure in the pelvis.

Anthony Bray MD :

I would recommend that you take a relatively high dose of an anti-inflammatory for your back unless you have a contra-indication for this such as problems with a stomacjh ulcer..Aleve 2 tablets twice a day with food would be a decent option...

Anthony Bray MD :

You will probably benefit from an oral antibiotic as well as topical treatment for the boil...

I hope this information helps. Further questions are welcome if you have others. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD