Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

On occation i have this sensation of pins and needles on my

On occation i have this sensation of pins and needles on my arms chest ears cheeks followed bright red scalp, ears, face neck, spotty redness almost like a sunburn or rash on my chest and shoulders and arms and heat with my ears being the hottest. No sweating some itching. Could this be a symptom of menopause?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes, this is probably due to menopause. You are having symptoms of flushing. The capillary beds near the skin dilate and this causes the red appearance. This is also probably causing the pins and needles sensations that you are having.

Anthony Bray MD :

Considering hormone replacement therapy is one approach to these symptoms. There are strong pros and cons on this topic!! The supplement of black cohosh may help some women with these type symptoms.

Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD