Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
19689124

I am 72, in pretty good health and not overweight. In April

I am 72, in pretty good health and not overweight. In April 2009 I had an angiogram as a result of apparent TIAs which were causing some disorintated/dizziness and sight issues affecting my right eye. I subsequently had surgery for a blocked artery, I believe the large artery leading to the carotid. A section was removed and replaced with a synthetic.

Now for the last two months I'm having almost identical syptoms again , it is a combination of disorientation/dizziness for just maybe 30 seconds to a minute and if it affects my ele sight it seems to be the left eye. Does this make sense that it would happen again so soon?
Chat Conversation Started
Susan RN :

Hello jacustomer, I would be glad to help you today.

Susan RN :

I do have a few questions to help me get a better overall picture of you health and wellness.

Susan RN :

What other medical conditions do you have?

Susan RN :

What medicines do you take including over the counter, prescription, and herbals?

Susan RN :

Thank you in advance. I will await your reply.

Customer :

Daily aspirin, 10 mg blood pressure control medication, 20 mg lipitor and nexium. Recently showed higher than normal gluclose and low Vit B1 and Vit. D. Am taking Vit. B-1 daily and vit. D once a week.

Susan RN :

Thank you for that information. In response to your question, it is possible that you are having a similiar problem on your other side now. Since you take blood pressure medicine, there is the possibility that when you move or get up, your blood pressure drops a little and that creates some dizziness and disorientation. I would suggest you contact your doctor and inform them of your symptoms. They will most likely want to see you and run some tests to find out what is going on.

Customer :

The occurances I have had do not occur with I move. Most times it has occured when I am up early in the morning and reading, just as it did before mostly. The angiogram I had in April of 2009 showed all other areas to be clear. Is it really likely that it would it occur again 18 months later?

Susan RN :

Well, I would hope that it wouldn't be the case but since it has been 18 months it is a possibility that I think is worth having checked out to be on the safe side. If they can check it now, find out if there is a problem or not, take care of it, then you will be feeling better and won't have to worry about something happening.