Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

i keep vomiting everything i eat or drink- even water. i have

i keep vomiting everything i eat or drink- even water. Also diarrhea. I'm afraid of becoming dehydrated. What could this be, and how can I stay hydrated?

This could be gastritis or even pancreatitis (especially if you have a history of gallstones or lots of alcohol use). If this is the first time you've had this, it's probably an isolated gastritis which can be caused by foods or even viruses.To keep yourself hydrated drink gatorade in small amounts throughout the day. Do not drink large amounts or you'll be more prone to vomit. Your doctor may be able to give you a dissolving pill to help you with the vomiting (called Zofran ODT.)

Dr. E