Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

my back..my urine two days latter i went..kidney stones..ultra sound

Hi.
So four days ago I went into the dr with a pain in my back and she told me that it was a kidney infection and put me on antibiotics but said if the pain gets worse than to come back. she did do a urine test and said that i had protean in my urine
two days latter i went back in and a different doctor told me that it was kidney stones but he would not be sure until i can get an ultra sound witch wont be for 2 weeks.
well today I still have the pain in my back plus i am vomiting more and just plain uncomfortable . but I have also started my menstrual cycle and the cramping that I now have in my stomach is the same as what i have during my menstrual cycle. But the weird thing is, is that my cycle is 2 weeks early.
Baskely my question is could this still be a kidney infection or could it be something else.

my symptoms are pain the in the lower back. cramping in the stomach and pain in the lower pelvic area. as well as minor burning when I pee.

thank you for taking the time to read this
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 4 years ago.

Are you using birth control or could you be pregnant?
Did you have a repeat urine test?
Are you running a fever?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not on birth control and I had a pregency test done for days ago and it came back negitive. and yes i did have another urine test 2 days ago and the dr told me that I had proteen in my urine. and no i am not running a fever but i have been sweeting more than usual on adn off through the day. my back hurts to touch and I havent been able to really eat anything plus I have chills

and i think thats it.

There is a possibility that you have kidney stones or something called pylonephritis. This is an infection in the kidneys. You did not mention that they gave you antibiotics so I am assuming they did not.

With your symptoms, I would advise you to go the Emergency Room. They can do an immediate CT scan to rule out kidney stones, labs and a repeat urinalysis.

The other possibility could be a tubal pregnancy. It may not have shown up on a urine pregnancy test.

You really do need to get care without delay.
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they did give me antibiotics but they didnt work. thank you very much for your advice
Then you really do need to go to the ER tonight. You need a full evaluation without delay.

God Bless!