Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

I have a small lump in my upper arm doesnt hurt but also have

I have a small lump in my upper arm doesn't hurt but also have had lots of night sweats and I am not going through menopause
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

Where exactly is the lump and what size is it?

Are you having fever?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the lump is about the size of a dime maybe a little smaller and the night sweats have been going on for about the last year my doctor did a hormone test to see if I was going through the change but the results were negative.
Sorry, for the delay, I seem to be having computer trouble, we have had storms.

I need to know if this is under your arm pit or just on your upper arm. Does it turn red? Tender?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its not under my armpit it is on my bicept it doesn't hurt just feels tender when i touch it the size is a little larger than a pea
Thanks for replying,

It does not sound like an area that a lymph node would be so some other options are:

Lipoma - a benign collection of fatty tissue, harmless, may get bigger, can sometimes get irritated.

Intradermal cyst - a cyst can form where a previous wound or injury was from a long time ago. These are also harmless but can get more painful and change so sometimes we go ahead and remove them.

I think the lump is in no way connected to the night sweats. It is not uncommon for women to have night sweats and still be a hormonal reason even if you are not close to menopause. It can be a decrease in progesterone which decreases the effectiveness of your estrogen. The hormones typically tested for menopause are fsh and lh and not the progesterone or estradiol levels.

Another possibility would be an infectious disease like lymes, TB, mono which can have long term effects. You would have experienced tic bites, fevers, cough, and strong fatigue with these. Blood cultures and other labs tests would need to be done for these things. I think this is unlikely but a low possibility.