Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

Would Celebrex have a bad reaction to the flu shot I took

Would Celebrex have a bad reaction to the flu shot? I took a celebrex (20 mg) at the usual time about 20 hours after the flu shot. I vommited only what I had in my stomach which was coffee and a breakfast bar. This occurred about 3 hours after taking the celebrex.

Secondly, 30 hours after the flu shot, when I went to bed, my feet, ankles, knees, elbows and wrists (joints) were very painful and still are after 8 hours of sleep. Is this a side effect from the shot? How long should I expect it to last. I have never had side effects before from the flu shot.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

No, the celebrex would not cause a reaction with the flu shot.
Celebrex can cause nausea, as you may know but so can the flu shot.

Side effects of the flu shot include joint and muscle pains as well as nausea and vomiting.

The sore joints and muscles can last 1-2 days. If you do not feel better tomorrow, follow up with your doctor.

I hope that you feel better,

Feel free to ask any follow up questions and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!