Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

hi i have been getting numbness in bridge of nose and in mouth

hi i have been getting numbness in bridge of nose and in mouth also have had numbness in feet and hands, very heavy arms and achy legs and palpatations in heart, have also had a burst blood vessel in leg dont know if connected any idease
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 3 years ago.

When was the last time you had your iron levels checked?

Have you had your thyroid tested?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4 weeks ago which said low so am on tablets as was folate

b12 was low but still within normal level, thyroid fine

How long have you felt this numbness?

Any trouble swallowing food?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
about 3 months now food is fine
Sorry to ask so many questions but it helps me to narrow this down. Is the pain in the long muscles or in the joints?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

+

in my bicep and in my muscles,

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Here would be some possibilities:

1 - Effects from very low iron/ferritin levels

2 - Low Vitamin D levels

3 - Muscular Diseases like Multiple Sclerosis

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have seen neuroligist didt think it was ms i do also get muscle twitches especially in arm

Are you saying that the neurologist thinks it is MS? Did he do a CT of the head?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no does not think it was ms or any other neurological prob
Than I would go for the Vit D testing to rule that out. I have several patients that it can be a factor. And possibly get your iron/ ferritin level rechecked to see if you are absorbing the iron you are taking.
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.