Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

experiencing leg tingling; specifically my left leg..cell..blood

I have been experiencing leg tingling; specifically my left leg - it is like when you have your cell phone or pager on vibrate and you get that buzzing effect (if that makes sense, it is the only way I can describe it - instead of saying my pager is going off, my leg is going off...) My calves have had a "tight" feeling and a couple of times recently I have had "charlie horses" I never used to get those. I do take high blood pressure medicine.
And, for some reason, my left knee has really been hurting like I hurt it, but I have not injured myself.??
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 6 years ago.
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Any past medical issue?
Stress or anxiety issue?
Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ihave h ad them here and there, but most recently it has been chronic and today it has been the worse. The end of April I was in A-Fib - the only thing at that time, they thought maybe it was because I had taken Cymbalta - I took it once and a few hours later, went into A Fib; came out of it - stayed in the hospital over night - had a stress test; ok - was having some digestive issues; seeing an internest - diverticulosis (sp) - had a colonoscopy in june; that was ok - taking fiber, etc. I feel like my heart is racing sometimes; not as badly as when I went into A Fib - took my blood pressure about an hour ago, after laying down for about an hour; my bp was 129/78 - heart rate 94; which isn't that high considering i was laying down? I guess you could say I get anxiety but that is because I worry when I have these symptoms; my biggest fear is having a stroke

Well, firstly it can be due to pressure on the spinal nerves.

Other causes are decreased blood supply of that leg because of formation of plaque from atherosclerosis , decreased calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body ,Vitamin B12 deficiency. You need clinical examination, X-Ray of spine ,blood tests to evaluate the cause. These symptoms does not looks be indicative of Stroke.

Please make an appointment with your doctor for evaluation and treatment.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just one more question, what type of doctor do I see for this? My Cardiologist or my internist?
Well, first of all you should be seen by Internist, and they will advise few tests, and if there arises need , he can recommend you to Neurologist.
take care