A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

hello there very very worried as i was out at the shed talking

Customer Question

hello there very very worried as i was out at the shed talking to my dad and then i had my sunnies on and walk out of shed into the sun abit and it was like a shawdow come over me and went away and whats wrong with me so so worried then i came inside 5 mins later and then my eyes feel very very strange..
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Schuyler_ANP :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Sometimes people's eyes are a little slow to adjust to changes in light, especially if they have been wearing sunshades. It is your anxiety that is making you worry about this.

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello there i am so so so worried as last nite i got a very bad pain in my back tooth the big molar and then it felt like the tooth was coming out of the socket and then i had to have panadol to help with the pain and then 20 mins later the pain ahad eased off . a dentist on here says it could be a abessces tooth and so so worried as he said it could spread to my brain and whole body but how long b4 it could spread to ur brain and whole body...
Tesa you take the cake for making a mountain out of a mole hill. Usually a toothache is just a toothache. While some of them can be complicated, it doesn't mean that all of them are, or that yours is. If the Panadol stopped the pain, then there is nothing to worry about. Make an appointment with your dentist for a checkup.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but if it was an abessebs then the panadol would stop the pain as well wouldnt it and what are the symptoms if it spread to the brain or whole body.

Stop it. You are obsessing over nothing. Pain from an abscess would not be stopped by Panadol and you would have swelling as well. You are letting your anxiety run away with you. Get a grip.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why wouldnt pain killers ease a abessces toothacher...

An abscess is much worse than a common toothache from a cavity, etc. You might also have pain and you would have swelling in the gum and perhaps the cheek. See your dentist to get it checked out.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the pain was bad it was like the tooth was trying to push out of the gums and it was very very painfull and then 20 mins after i had painadol the it eased in 20 mins so could it be an abeesses toothache

It most likely is NOT an abscess. Any cavity can cause a toothache, so you need to see your dentist.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
u mean it can cause a bad toothache like it feels like the tooth is being riped out of the gums..

First of all, an abscessed tooth doesn't just suddenly start hurting in the middle of dinner and ease off after you take a Panadol. The pain is gradual and constant, usually not relieved just with Panadol. There is also usually redness at the gum, and swelling in the gum and cheek over the abscess. The pain is severe. Plan to call your dentist when his office is open.

I have to be offline for an hour or two. I will try to check in later before bedtime.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why wouldnt it be just relived with pandol and its a fast acting pain killer that u put 2 in like half a cup of water then drink it when the tablets have disloved

There are various levels of pain. An abscess usually causes severe pain that Panadol is not sufficient to relieve. It's a concept similar to the difference in pain from having a bruise on your arm to having the arm amputated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well the pain i had in my tooth was like the tooth was coming out of the socket and i felt prussure too,, so so worried about it as when i rub the tooth then i get sum pain and dont know what it could be if it really is an abessecsd or not. as about a 2 weeks ago i could feel this sharp feeling on the inside of the tooth and i tryed getting it off but couldnt. but now when i feel it the sharpness feeling as gone from the tooth and dont know what that sharp feeling was when i felt it with my tounge

The sensible thing to do is to see the dentist who is the only one who can tell you what is wrong. Getting hysterical worrying about it doesn't do anyone any good.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so what u think it could be and cn you look it up for me on infected abessesed so so worried and i have pain there now and it aint really really bad at all its sore tho.. what you think it could be and what could that sharp bit of tooth be that i told u about and now its not there so i sont know if its a cracked tooth and or an abbesed. what you think it is..

It is probably a cavity or even a cracked tooth. However, the only way to find out what it is would be to take yourself to your dentist. That is the smart thing to do instead of worrying. I have to sign off for the evening. Go to see your dentist.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hey there i went to the dentist it wasnt my own dentist as he was fully book and didnt have any room to fit me in but saw another dentist just to see whats wrong with the tooth. on my tooth and have a very very big hole and they just cant give me a filling as it wont stop that bit of pain i have. so i have to have a root canal done or have the tooth pulled out. but cant have the tooth pulled out as i have braces on and the ancours are on that tooth. so have to have a root canal but very very veruy scared as when i last had my root canal done on on of the front teeth the eye tooth i went though to roof and it really really hurt. i told my dentist that and he said same root canals can do that and some dont so very very worried.. please help asap

What do you expect me to do? I've had half a dozen root canals and not one of them has been a problem. I think you are once again making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i aint and how did they do ur root canal and did they only give you one injection. and so worried as wheni had a root canal about 10 years ago it really reaolly hurt and the pain was very very sharp and it really hurt. and i had the last one on an eye tooth at the front and thi time its on a molar.

They do injections where the nerve needs to be deadened. Too bad your dentist missed the first time around.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did u have pain in ur tooth b4 u had the root canal done. as i had a very very sore tooth b4 hand. can they tell if the neves are dead in that tooth or not. and how did they do ur root canal

Of course I had pain. That is why they did the root canals. If the root is dead you would have no feeling in it. As for how they did it, they numbed the area and then drilled down to where each branch of the root was, destroyed and removed the root, packed the holes and refilled the tooth.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do they destroy the roots. did you have them done on a molar i am so so scared thyat i will get the sharp pains in my tooth again as they take them out.

I have had one eye tooth, two molars and a premolar. None of them were bad. The worst part was keeping my mouth open for so long. (You can laugh here if you like). I'm not sure exactly how they destroy the roots. It smells like they are burning. In any case, it didn't hurt.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so they burn them in ur mouth and what does it smell like as i dont like it when i smell things and dont know what the smell is. i am very worried about my mitral heart valve problem as i take aintbotics and worried about all the bactiria in my mouth,

Why are you worried since you always have antibiotics before seeing the dentist even though they aren't recommended any more by any medical/dental board?

The smell is slightly of burning feathers and it is gone in just a second. It is nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have never smeltburning feathers at all and how do they pull the roots out of ur tooth. very very worried and is there any pain after the root canal and then do u have to go back to the dentist to have it finshed and is ur root canal teeth weak at all and can u chew on them teeth at all... so so worried and scared and how does the dentist know where to give you the injection so u dont feel any of the sharp pains that i did,
The dentist knows where to give an injection because that is his job. It's what he studied years for and does numerous times every day. I had no pain after any root canal other than a discomfort in my jaw from having my mouth open so long. Paracetamol took care of it nicely, and I went back to work afterward. The dentist checked on it a week later.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why are sum root canals painfull like my last one.
Possibly your dentist didn't numb it properly. There is no way to tell now what went wrong then.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

could that happen to me again as my dentist told me sum of them can be painfull but sum are not. so worried and scared. and very very worried that the abessesed can spread to my brain and then i will get a swollon neck or eye as i have seen that happen an they are life threatening and worried about getting the swollen neck as that can kill u as it makes it diffcult to breath.

So far I haven't heard anything about abscess as a diagnosis. Root canals aren't done until any abscess is cleared up with antibiotics.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what was wrong with ur tooth when you had to have root canal. and how far do they drill down in the tooth and how long does it take when they first start a root canal.. and then does the tooth become weak so u cant eat on it or is it still a strong tooth..

The tooth had developed a cavity beneath an old filling requiring a root canal. Each one I've had done is strong and I chew on them just like all the others.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can u find a forum of people that have had root canals...so so worried and so so scvared it going to hurt again very very bad as it did when my old dentist did it like 12 years ago..

I probably could but I won't since it will accomplish nothing for you. It won't change a thing about the root canal. It will just give you more to feed your worry since people who have successful root canals don't post to those forums. The only people who ever post are those who have bad results, often because that is what they were expecting in the first place. Think about something else and keep yourself busy with something useful until you see the dentist.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how far do they have to drill down in the tooth to get to the nerves
They have to drill down as far as it takes to get to the nerve.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do they tell if the nerves are dead or not.

If the nerves were dead you wouldn't feel anything.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how would they know if the nerves a deaad or not. so so worried as only have today as i go to the dentisst tomorrow morning.. very very scared.. why didnt u feel anything when u had the root canal. and do u feel any soreness when they use the files to clean the tooth out...

I don't know how to say in any other words that if the nerves are dead you don't feel anything. I felt no pain or discomfort at any point in the root canals I've had including the filing. The only thing I minded was the stiffness in my jaw from keeping my mouth open for so long. When the anesthesia is done right, there should be no pain.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so how does the dentist know where ur nerves are so i wont get any pain. and did they use to uswe tweesers like 10 to 12 years ago. the dentist told me i had a very very big hole in the side of my tooth where my tonge is and i got my dad to have a look and he said that all he coulkd see was a shiner silver filling and that was it. so so worried about having iot done. so so scared.
Tesa, try to get control of yourself. The dentist knows what he is doing and you will be fine. My 12-year-old niece didn't carry on like this when she had to have a root canal.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do she feel any pain at all and so so worried as i have had a very bad experiance with having a root canal done like 10 years ago and it hurt... when did ur neice have her root canal done and did she go to the same dentist as you did
She went to a different dentist. My husband went to still another one. Neither had any complaints.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where both there nevres dead or where sum alive..

The nerves were alive and they had pain before the root canals. After the procedure, there was no more pain.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when did they have there root canals done and when did you last have urs done and do u hear any noises when they are getting there cleaning the nerves out. also can you see the nerves as there pulling them out and how many time do they use the file to get the nerves out of a molar tooth, and how long does the pocudrce take as i cant sit for a long time in the dentist chair as i start to get very very anxious and scared...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello there

My niece's was in May. My husband has had several over the years, the last one before Christmas last year. My last one was in June. You don't "see" anything when you are having the procedure. They use the file as much as it takes. It has taken me roughly an hour each time. I have been answering facets of this question for two days now. Try to get yourself together before you go to the dentist.

I am going to bed now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am feeling very breathless and very very scared. and i walked over to the shed about 5 mins ago and it was about glary and then i felt i was going to faint of pass out as my eyes went strange on me...

Yes, you have an anxiety disorder. You are scared of everything, and you get breathless because your anxiety isn't treated. Good night.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
also i would like to know what is the numbing injection they give you called and can you only have so much of the numbing injection b4 it becomes a problem and you have bad side effects from it,,

One brand name isXXXXX is Procaine. The dentist will know how much to give based on where the tooth is, and determine the appropriate dosage for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is the stuff dangerous at all and do they use that stuff only for root canals or for everything...

They use it for everything. We use a similar drug (lidocaine) for medical procedures. It is a simple numbing agent that wears off after a few hours. Properly used, it isn't dangerous at all.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and when i went to the dentist one time i got a very fast and hard beating heart rate and could that be from the numbing stuff and so so worrried about that too and i have had like 3 filling in the past 2 months or sumthing like that. and can you have suziures from that drug as well and a slow heart rate that is dangerous.. very very worried and does the numbing stuff go on ur body weight as they dont ask me how much i weigh. so so worried as its toxic
No, it isn't from the anesthetic. It was from your untreated anxiety disorder. It is a LOCAL anesthetic. You don't get seizures, bradycardia, or other systemic effects. It also isn't toxic and it doesn't matter how much you weigh since it is local.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

and where u and ur husband on any panadean fotre at all for the pain in the tooth.. i am very worried as my pain is like the tooth is coming out ogf the socket and it hurt and there is prussure there too..

We took over-the-counter pain relievers before the procedures (paracetamol, or ibuprofen, or naproxen).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so is it better to take like pain killer before u have the produrce and what does that do for the root canal if u have it before hand. and do u hear any nosies coming from ur tooth when u have this produce done and can i ask the dentist if he can test the nerves to see if it will hurt or not as i dont want him sticking the file in and i get bad pain for like 20 seconds while he screews the file in and pulls it out. thats what i aint ;liking is if i can feel the pain from the nevres as he screws the file in then pulles it out i am going to have pain all though that with it going in and out.. very very worried. and if they tap the tooth with the end of there mirror and it dont hurt then is the nerves still alive. or not alive..
You will be having a local anesthetic first thing before any part of the procedure is done so you won't feel pain. Dead nerves feel no pain any how. We were on over-the-counter pain relievers for the pain for days before the procedure, not to help the procedure in any way. You will be fine. I am still trying to go to bed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so if the dentist taps the bad tooth with sumthing then if it dont hurt does that mean the nerves are still alive ot dead. so so scared that i will feel pain. i had my front root canalo cleaned and sealed like 1 month ago and he did it with a file and then he cleaned it out. so so worried and scared that the root canal on my molar tooth will hurt and why do u get a very sharp painfull feeling when the nerves are touched. very scared and can you have damage done to ur brain or heart when having a root canal...
You aren't going to have damage to your brain or heart having a root canal. It is just plain silly even thinking such a thing. Root canals are done thousands of times over the world every day without any mishaps. Why should yours be any different? You only have to barely touch a tooth to tell if the nerve is dead or not. That isn't any more painful than a tooth that has a toothache already is. You need to stop obsessing over this and find something useful to do with your time. Worrying never helped anything.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i mitye just get the tooth pulled out as very very worried and scared about a root canal and very scared to get it pulled as it bleeds when they are pulling it out and then i could get a heart infection if it bleeds and goes into my bloodstream. and why was it when i got the same tooth pulled on the bottom and it was a molar why did it hurt ao i could feel some pain when he was doing it and i could feel it why is that just alittle bit but i was numbed up// very very worried about booth people help asap..

Worrying won't change anything. It is never a good idea to get a tooth pulled if it is possible to save it. You are just being foolish about the root canal. Fear is your worst enemy, and you seem to be fearful of everything.

There is no way to tell why you had pain before. You may not have had enough anesthetic. Dentists are willing to give another injection if there is discomfort. Talk over your fears with the dentist. You may also want to discuss taking some short-acting anxiety medication before the procedure, or you could discuss having the procedure done under nitrous oxide anesthesia.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why dont u think getting the tooth out is not a good idea. and why does the tooth bleed alot when you get it pulled out. have u ever got any back molars taken out...

I had molars taken out when I was a child to make room for braces, and two impacted wisdom teeth taken out when I was in my late 20s. There is an excellent blood supply in the mouth, so there will always be a lot of bleeding from the gum when a tooth is pulled. Unless there is a specific reason (braces, impaction, nothing else can be done), teeth should be saved to preserve the integrity of the surrounding teeth. If you remove one brick from a wall, the adjacent bricks aren't as sturdy.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the teeth will still be sturdy and i had a tooth taken out as i was very broken down and nothing could be done wirh it....
That happens but it is regrettable to lose a tooth since it does affect the stability of its neighbors.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hwo does it.

Removing the tooth leaves a place where the adjoining teeth can migrate. That affects alignment of the upper and lower teeth making chewing less efficient, and possibly altering pressure on other parts of the teeth.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so so worried as want to get it pulled but so so scared as u bleed alot and how long does it usually take for a dentist to pull ur tooth out.. so so scared of the prussure...

It takes as long as it takes. Usually that is just a couple of minutes once someone is numbed up. Bleeding usually stops within 30 minutes or so. You're kind of between a rock and a hard place. you are so, so worried about a root canal and so, so worried about having it pulled. It will be interesting to see what happens when you actually go to the dentist.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can u tell me does a dentist use driffent numbing stuff to do the root canal at all so so worried he told me he will try and do a filling on that tooth but if he expoes the nerves then he will be taking the nerves out so so worried they use driffent local then they do for filling and other stuff.. so so worried i have my appoinment on friday morning at 10:45 so so scraed..
They use the same anesthetic to numb for everything.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

other doctors are says that they use stuff with adrenilene in it so so worried as my doctor tell me i have chionic anxitey problem. so so scared about the dentisty i will be in tears on thurday morning when i get up...

The numbing agent comes with and without another medication to control bleeding (adrenaline/epinephrine). That is the only difference. The numbing agent is the same regardless. There is no question whatsoever that you have a chronic anxiety disorder.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so what will the adrenalene to to me then. no one can help me can they as root canals a painfull...
I think I've told you about a hundred times in the past week that all root canals aren't painful. The epinephrine won't do anything to you except prevent bleeding if they decide to pull the tooth.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am very very scared from my last experince as it was very very painfull and i had very very sharp pains shooting up my tooth...

The vast, vast majority of root canals are not painful. This one probably will not be either. Of course, you have already put yourself through a hundred hells worrying about it. That is far worse than any experience you could possibly have in the dentist's chair.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what u mean a vast majority is not painfull and why was mine so painful. very very worried and scared. i also have the mitral valve problem and worried about that if he takes the nerves out of my tooth. very very scared as have to go to dentist tomorrow morning... and i have decay on that tooth alot of it and an expert told me i could expericne sum pain it i have decay on that tooth...

I think I've told you before that there is no way to tell why yours was painful before. If you were having the same level of anxiety back then, that could explain part of it. If you were expecting the worst possible pain of your life, you are more likely to get pain. It's called a self-fulfilling prophesy. The vast majority pf people do not have that type of pain. In my family, for instance, no one has had pain. The injection for the anesthetic is about the last thing you feel.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why did i feel it and i didnt have bad anxitey like i have now when i had the root canal 10 years ago. and did they use to use tweerses to get the nerves out and when there getting the nerves out does it make a mess on the rubber dam they put on and i dont know how he is going gto put the rubber dam over my tooth when i have braces on...

Every one I have ever had used dental dam. It didn't make a mess. There is absolutely no way to know why you had pain 10 years ago. An incompetent dentist would be another possibility. What earthly difference does it make what they use to remove the nerves? You won't feel it whether it is a tweezer or a tractor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do they get rid of the nerves i want to know as i am a very very anxious person

A hole is drilled in the tooth and the pulp along with the nerves is removed by a series of gradually increasing sizes of tiny files.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and why was mine so so painful i had a bad experince and i am maybe going to have another bad experince

I think I've told you a number of times that there is no way to know what happened 10 years ago. Inadequate anesthesia because the dentist didn't know what he was doing would be the best guess, but it's just a guess. There is no reason whatsoever to expect to have that kind of pain again.

Edited by Schuyler_ANP on 9/8/2010 at 1:02 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it was a very very sharp pain and it really really hurt and i am in tears as so so so scared about getting it done tomorrow..
You will be fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can you ring my dentist to tell him how i have very very bad anxiyet they will be open its 11:30 am here can you help me by doing that. he tells me to let him know if i have pain and i dont want to feel any pain or i will be a mess if i feel pain.
No, we cannot do that. You are an adult and can tell him that yourself. Explain exactly how scared you are, and of what. Some dentists prescribe a mild anxiolytic like Xanax to be taken just as the person leaves home to help relax them before they get to the office.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i need you to help me as he dont know how scared i am.
All you have to do is tell him. It is against company policy to telephone anyone about a customer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am so so scared. also i have a sore back and not sure why and also am sore under my tonuge the dentist did 2 xrays and it was digging in to gums undert my tounge and not its sore is that normal. very sore

Tell the dentist how terrified you are. Those little xray thingies can dig into the bottom of your mouth. Gargling with warm salt water helps with the discomfort.

You can open another question to talk about your back.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why as i thought it was from my anxitey. very very worried and scared about the dentist
I am going to sign off now because I am just telling you the same things over and over and over again, and you still continue to ask the same question. I really don't know how many times I have told you that you need not worry about this. You will be fine. Just tell the dentist how scared you are.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when will a dentist be online
I have no idea. Probably by tomorrow morning here. It's now about 10 p.m. on the East coast of the US.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello there went to dentis but couldnt go though with the root canal tooth as i knew it would be painfull and why is it if they cant get the nerves dead then they have to give the \local into the nerves.. so so worried as its called intrapulpal anesthesia and the dentist told me it does hurt but how long for. so so scared and worried as have to go back wednesday to maybe get it done. he want me to have 10mgs of valium the nite b4 and 10mgs of valium and then 10 mgs of valium 1 hour b4 the dentist. i dont want him to put local in the hole with the nerves as he said u get a sharp pain and dont want that so scared... please help in tears as cant go though with it...
Of course you can go through with it. We all do things we don't want to do, but we know we have to any way. Take the Valium. You will be fine. Any injection only lasts for a few seconds. How did you ever get through childbirth? It sounds like he has given you all possible scenarios. There is no reason to expect that local anesthesia will not work for you. The intrapulpal anesthesia most probably will never be needed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why does the intrapulpal anesthesia hurt so much and i dont want that.. my tooth is sore only mild but dont know if it will be painfull so so scared it will really hurt an could i get a very bad pain if he drills and then will i get a bad pain at all.. so so scared and how many injection will they gove me b4 hand i would like him to give me like 2 to 3 injection b4 he starts as i hate and very scared of the very sharp pain i got with mine. and why is the intrapulpal anesthesia hurt so much. and can yiou please show me sumthing to read on the intrapulpal anesthesia and do they put the needle into the pulp when they do the intrapulpal anesthesia

Below are a couple of articles. As mentioned, intrapulpal anesthesia is never used unless all other anesthesia fails. Note in the first article what I have been trying to tell you. Expecting horrible pain actually lowers your pain threshold, so that any touch may register as pain, whether it is on the bad tooth or not. Yo have just worried yourself into feeling pain that isn't even there. That is why it is important for you to take the Valium provided to help reduce the fear. He will give you plenty of medication to start, particularly since you couldn't go through with the procedure today and he is forewarned about the kind of patient he will be dealing with.

http://www.jada-plus.com/cgi/content/abstract/123/5/97

http://hamidghavami.blogspot.com/2008/04/intrapulpal-anesthesia.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

could i ask him to give me 2 or 3 injecttion b4 he starts anything at all as very very worried and scared and my dentist told me that hye has had a few patinets that have had sharp pain... and why do they say thatv the denbtist has bto warn u b4 giving the intrapulpal anesthesia so worried and scared

All practitioners have to warn you before doing something that may be painful. Even when a phlebotomist gets ready to insert a needle to draw blood, she says something like "you're going to feel a little pinch." The warning also puts the patient on notice to be still even though it might hurt, since moving would definitely increase the pain.

You can ask him to do anything. However, he will give you the appropriate anesthesia to begin with, since he knows what he is doing and doesn't require a patient's assistance to judge medication amounts.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so can i ask him to give me 2 or 3 injections b4 he starts anything... an i have having a tooth done on the bottom and it the 4th tooth counting back from the wisdom on the left hand side so what tooth is that.. and what do they call a hot tooth and i dont have pain in my tooth at the moment..
You can, of course, ask him anything. You can ask him to perform the procedure standing on his head, but that doesn't mean he would do it. He knows what he is doing. He will know how much to give you. A "hot" tooth is one that has had ongoing chronic inflammation causing pain.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have you had a hot tooth b4 and do people that have a hot tooth have more pain when having a root canal. i dont resally have any bad pain in my tooth its just like a mild pain and why they say that hot tooth happen to the bottom molars more then the top why is that and what tooth is the one i am having it on its on the bottom and its the 4th tooth counting back from the wisdom on the bottom left hand side. what tooth is that... and how would i know if i did have a hot tooth...

I had one molar that was a "hot" tooth. I had been on a mission trip where there was no dental care and had to postpone getting any help until I was back in the States. The original anesthetic nerve block injection was all that was required. I had no pain. You won't know if the tooth is considered "hot" until the dentist opens it. Fewer than 5% are "hot."

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do u know when you have a hot tooth. also if he gives me an injection right near the tooth that needs the root canal and does one near the back tooth then will i feel any sharp pains. he told me he has had a few that have had thevery sharp pain. so is a fewe alot when u think about it..

You don't know if you have a hot tooth until the dentist opens it. Even then you won't know unless he tells you. Perhaps you didn't read this in the previous answer: "...You won't know if the tooth is considered "hot" until the dentist opens it. Fewer than 5% are "hot...." "A few" never means "a lot." It means a few. And it really isn't germane, since you won't know if you will have a problem until the moment you have it.