How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7993
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i think i have amenorrhea and is worried about my health. My

This answer was rated:

i think i have amenorrhea and is worried about my health. My menstruation should arrive around 17 August, but it is now almost 15 days late. I have no sexual intercourse, but have been experiencing bad migraines daily for the past 1 month, on the forehead,cheeks, front and back of my head; usually on the right side.
Can you advise? I am worried about my health. Anything i can eat or do to stimulate menstruation?

Welcome to and thanks for your question .

Are you using any contraceptive method ?

Any associated weight gain or weight loss ?

Stress and anxiety?

Previous history of irregular periods?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dr Anil,
Please find my answers as below:

Are you using any contraceptive method ?
No. Never tried before.

Any associated weight gain or weight loss ?
No. I was the same weight as last month, when i had my menstruation cycle.

Stress and anxiety?
Yes, i think i am stressed as i could not fall sound asleep until ~2 hours lying in bed.

Previous history of irregular periods?
Yes, during my schooling days; especially during examinations.

I understand that my late menstruation might be due to stress (like i experienced during school times), but do you have other advices which i can follow and resume my regular menstruation?

Thank you,
As such there can be a variety of causes of missed period like hormonal imbalance, ,PCOD,thyroid dysfunction ,stress,emotional upset .

Well you should consult your obs/gyn doctor and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce period and further investigations like Trans Vaginal ultrasound to rule out PCOD ,blood work like Thyroid function test, LH ,FSH etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management .

Edited by Dr Anil Kumar on 9/1/2010 at 1:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
may i know where can i do the investigations (PCOD ,blood work like Thyroid function test, LH ,FSH etc ) ? and how much will they cost usually?
Well firstly you need to be seen by your Obs/Gyn doctor for a clinical examination and as per required your doctor may advise further investigations .
Transvaginal ultrasound is done by radiologist .
Blood sample are sent to laboratory for further testing .
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dr Anil,
it does help, but will you be able to tell around how much will the tests cost?
In addition, one last question, is it normal for late periods to vary ~2 weeks to 3months?

thank you for your patience.
Usually if there is a history of irregular periods usually further investigations are ordered for a diagnosis .
Late periods are not normal and it is seen that in some patients amenorrhoea can be there for many months .

Here is a link for local centers where you can call and inquire the cost of the test .

Dr. Anil and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.
Thank you for using

Related Health Questions