Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

urine test taken..ua blood..a3+ ua glucose..negative ua bile

had a urine test taken on 06152010 in conjuction with having a bladder stone taken on the flowsheet print request ua albumin was a1+ the ua blood was a3+ ua glucose was negative ua ketones was negative ua bile was negative what is your opinion
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

This is the result from the June urinalysis, correct?
Do you have any chronic health problems such as high blood pressure or diabetes?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
corect this is the result from the test performed on(NNN) NNN-NNNNhave a family history of diabetus but i do not have it as far as i know /had a bladder stone removed on 062210 in a same day procedire at celebrationhospital in florida
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The blood in the urinalysis was due to the kidney stone.
The protein that you had in your urine can be an indicator of underlying kidney problems.
However, a one time reading of protein in the urine simply needs to be repeated. We can see protein in the urine when someone has a fever or has exercised heavily (this is called transient proteinuria).

If you had a kidney stone that was blocking the passage of urine, this can also lead to kidney problems and therefore cause some protein in the urine.

If your repeat urinalysis also showed protein, your doctor may need to do further evaluation--(kidney function testing and possibly a referral to a nephrologist).

Here is more information for you to read about protein in the urine:

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/proteinuria/

But again, a one time reading of protein is not worrisome. It may be transient and benign.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what are most common types of kidney probloms for men in my age group of 57
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
In your case, it could be underlying damage due to kidney stones.

Other common causes in your age group are hypertensive kidney disease and diabetic kidney disease.

Autoimmune diseases can lead to kidney disease along with polycystic kidney disease and glomerulopathies (primary kidney diseases).

Transient proteinuria, exercise, urinary tract infections and stress are also common causes.

Dr abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States