Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

my parotid gland..cancerous..swallon node at the back of my ear

I have my pariotid gland removed 6 years ago due to the painful swallon deep node in there. it is not cancerous according to the ENT. Last month I have swallon node at the back of my ear. It was very painful at the beginning but after medication it do subside slowly. What can I do?

Lymph nodes can be enlarged during an infection.This can cause enlarged painful node. Bacterial or viral infection of the upper respiratory tract or skin or external ear can cause enlarged lymph node. After the infection has subsided it may take a longer period for the lymph nodes to return to normal size. They usually slowly returns to normal size. If the glands are increasing in size in stead of decreasing , then you should have a review by doctor.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.

Edited by Dr. SS on 9/1/2010 at 8:36 AM EST