Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

color bump on the shaft of my penis...Ive had for years

I have one yellowish in color bump on the shaft of my penis...I've had for years and thought nothing of it cause it causes no pain, but now its getting larger and more noticeable. can you tell me what this is?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr B :

Hello, how big is it?

Customer :

its probably bout the size of my pinky fingernail or so

Customer :

maybe a 1/4 inch

Dr B :

Is it raised and/or painful?

Dr B :

Is it hard or soft?

Customer :

it is raised...no pain...hard

Dr B :

This is likely a sebaceous cyst.They commonly appear in this area, are usually yellow in color with shiny skin over them.Even though it usually is not serious, I would advise you still go and see a doctor to take a look at it

Customer :

any ideas

Customer :

that sounds like it would it just bleed if you have tried to pop it in the past? And if it is a cyst how do they get rid of it?

Dr B :

It is not advisable for you to try to pop it, it may lead to an infection. The only way to get rid of it is to have it removed by surgery.It only needs to be removed if it gets infected, or it really bothers you

Customer :

one last question and thank you for your help doc...can having anxiety make a young man like myself not be able to get an erection?

Customer :

And do i fix this issue...is cialis an option?

Dr B :

Yes, anxiety can cause this at times.But if you never have an erection it is not anxiety

Dr B :

Yes it is an option, but I recommend you see a doctor for this prior to taking any medication

Customer :

thank you...very useful

Dr B :

You are welcome

Dr B :

If you are satisfied please click ACCEPT