CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

what is purpose of gtt glood test is it only for blood sugar

what is purpose of gtt glood test is it only for blood sugar or will it show sign of cancer a well had a bladder stone removed in jun e of this year/had blood work done in nov of 2009 and a cat scane done in june of this year on my abdomun/my doctor know wants t discus the results of the blood done about 10 days ago what is your opinion?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.

CamilleRN :

This test is only for the measurement of glucose as your body reacts to increased sugar.. it will not detect cancer or bladder stones or anything else. It is used mainly to rule out diabetes.

CamilleRN :

Are you diabetic?

CamilleRN :

If you are not, he may want to speak to you about your blood sugar... if it tested high he will likely ask you to follow a certain diet to try to lower your blood sugar naturally before considering medication. Many people can successfully avoid medication by altering their diet.

Customer :

are you sure/I admit that i am extremely paranoid about this whole situation/this is the first time i have ever had any procedures d causeone in a hospital such as abladder sttone removal/would diabetus cause any discomfit in the testacles or tiedness

CamilleRN :

well..if you had a GTT and the Doctor wants to see you, yes... it is to discuss your blood sugar results.

CamilleRN :

Don';t be too worried... if it was high he will most likely help you with a diet plan to lower it.

Customer :

thank you my mothers side of the family all had type two diabetus/my mother lived to be 90 years old/ the doctor alo wants me to have a colonostophy/if i have diabetus will it afect my ability to have any meical procedures in the near future within two weeks say

CamilleRN :

Well... depending upon how your results turned out, your Doctor may want to get your sugar down before opting for any surgery... so yes, he might have you postpone. A colonoscopy is routinely done for everyone over 50... so join the crowd! :-) It's a very good thing to have done because it will rule out any potential colon problems such as polyps that can later lead to colon cancer. It's a piece of cake.. you go in..go to sleep.. wake up and go home. You won't feel a thing!!

Customer :

god bless you/when i go to see the doctors here in kissimmee fla all thet want to do is to schedule test and procedures without giving me any information or answer any questions/ but answer one last question/ for the colonoscopy the doctor said not to eat anything with seeds/the procedure is scheduled fo the third week of sept/ i promise last paraoid followup question what is your opinion

CamilleRN :

The reason not to eat seeds is they often get stuck in the diverticulum , which are pouches in the colon... poop can get trapped in there... making it very messy for the Doctor:-)

CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.