Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

Hi...Last weekend i hurt my lower back while lifting a trailer....what

Hi...Last weekend i hurt my lower back while lifting a trailer....what are the best exercises and muscle relaxing ideas do u have. The location is just above my butt bone. This also has happened in the past but not for many years. I'll wait for your response..charlie
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

Hello Charlie,

You are doing alot of the correct things by taking Advil and stretching. You will want to be gentle with the stretching though to allow for time to heal as well.

Moist heat packs and massages would be a great addition to what you are already doing. This will definitely help it to heal quickly.

Now, if you are experiencing pain shooting down your leg, leg numbness or no improvement after 1 week, you must see your provider to be examined and make sure that nothing more is seriously wrong with you.

Did you have any more questions?