Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

i have a question about weak streams (urine)

Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Celeste NP :

Celeste NP :

What is your question?

Customer :

hi,,,,ive had a bit of a weak stream on and off the last few weeks and my testicles have felt slightly more sensitive.....i am a veteran masturbator, like ever day or more since I was 11......could this be the cause?

Customer :

i dont have any stds or lumps or anything

Celeste NP :

No, the masturbation would not have an effect on this.

Customer :

k

Celeste NP :

Just a minute...

Customer :

k

Celeste NP :

Do you have any burning with urination?

Customer :

no

Celeste NP :

Are your testicles tender on the top of them?

Customer :

no

Celeste NP :

You could be getting an infection. That is the most common cause for someone your age. Or if you are dehydrated.

Customer :

what kind of infection

Customer :

prostate?

Celeste NP :

I would increase the fluids, cranberry juice, and if it does not resolve in 2=3 days than you need to get a urine test done and an exam.

Customer :

ok

Customer :

i drink a lot of water

Celeste NP :

Prostate is a possibility as well as urinary tract infection.

Customer :

and it has improved

Celeste NP :

It should continue to improve then. But if not and especially if you develop a fever you will need to have tests done.

Customer :

well i talked to a doctor about this before and sometimes a little bit of semen will come out when urinating......he said that this is not too uncommon and is not related to an std or a serious problem and i gave him my whole historty

Customer :

it is not the discharge from STDS

Celeste NP :

You can have an infection that is not related to an STD. Also if you masturbate that frequently then you will have seminal fluid with urine.

Customer :

yea i sometimes discharge small amounts of semen or urine when not masturbating or urinating

Customer :

but my stream has gotten better

Celeste NP :

At your age I would consider sending you to a urologist for a cystoscope. They can look into the bladder and see if there is any blockage or tell about sphincter control. I would encourage you to discuss this with you doctor.

Customer :

ok but for now u suggest lots of fluids and cranberry juice

Celeste NP :

Yes, that will improve it if it is a slight infection or due to dehydration.

Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.