Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

What would cause Dark Urine, Lower Back Pain, Fever, and pain/tingle

Customer Question

What would cause Dark Urine, Lower Back Pain, Fever, and pain/tingle in the urithra
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
DR HASAN :

Hi

Customer :

Hello

Customer :

You said that you wanted to talk to me about my question.

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your reply

DR HASAN :

I am sorry to hear about your problem

DR HASAN :

Since how long you have this

DR HASAN :

you there

Customer :

Wednesday I had a fever for about 24 hrs. The there symptoms from wednesday till today.

DR HASAN :

How high was the fever, was that associated with chills

Customer :

Yes had chills would wake up shivering and sweating. The fever topped out at 103.2.

DR HASAN :

Have you taken any medicine for that

Customer :

Tylanol

DR HASAN :

What is exact site of your back pain

DR HASAN :

Is this involving the lumbar areas, the one to the sides of umblicus

Customer :

right at the small of my back.

Customer :

just above my butt.

DR HASAN :

Do you feel burning sensation when you pass urine & does the pain radiates to groin

DR HASAN :

any lower abdominal pain in midline

Customer :

halfway down the shaft its kind of tingles and feels hot. also after I finish I feel like I still have to go a little.

DR HASAN :

how much water you are drinking per day, any discharge from penis

Customer :

No discharge. about 2 to 3 litters

DR HASAN :

your age

Customer :

32

DR HASAN :

any history of sexual contact

DR HASAN :

i mean unprotected

Customer :

No same girlfriend for the last 10+ years.

Customer :

Condomes

DR HASAN :

ok thanks a lot of your quick replies

DR HASAN :

The symptoms you are having can be because of a urinary tract infection, stones in the urinary tract, sexually transmitted diseases etc, although the last two are less likely but possible anyhow

DR HASAN :

you need to see a urologist to get your self examined and investigated by urine R/E, Urine cultures, ultrasound scan and other investigations as per suspicion of your doctor

DR HASAN :

But i think you may need antibiotics for that

DR HASAN :

Keep on drinking lot of fluids till you visit him

Customer :

Stones????

Customer :

What kind of stones. Kidney.\

DR HASAN :

it can be any where starting from the kidney to bladder

DR HASAN :

there are not that likely in you but will be ruled out by your doctor

DR HASAN :

fever is something which make me think more of infections but both can be there at the same time

DR HASAN :

this is something investigations will answer

Customer :

Ok so I should see a doctor. I dont currently have a doctor. Would an urgent care facility be able to help.

DR HASAN :

yes ofcourse you can visit ER for this

DR HASAN :

its better to get treatment early

DR HASAN :

but donot worry nothing seems to be serious , it will hopefully go away soon with treatment

Customer :

Treatment??? Cant I just drink alot of Cranberry juice.

Customer :

for the UTI

DR HASAN :

I am sorry but i donot think so it will help because your symptoms are not that simple, fever, pain in the urethra etc

DR HASAN :

so better to go to a doctor because it can be other things i mentioned

DR HASAN :

so better to get investigated

DR HASAN :

the symptoms you are having are already quite distressing

DR HASAN :

please see a doctor

Customer :

Ok.

DR HASAN :

i wish you good luck and good health

DR HASAN :

get well soon

DR HASAN :

click ACCEPT if you are satisfied.

Customer :

I will go see a doctor. The girlfriend concures with your recomendation.

DR HASAN :

thanks a lot

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery