Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

reason that I get really nauseous usually after I eat.

What could be a reason that I get really nauseous usually after I eat.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 3 years ago.

When was your last period? Are you on birth control?
How long has this been going on?
Do you have pain in your right upper abdomen?
Do you have any heart burn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My periods are really really weird it's been like about a month since the last

i'm not on birth control, it's been going on the last few days maybe since last week i don't have pain in my upper right abodomen and i sometimes get heartburn but i'm on prilosec because i have duodenitis

Thanks for replying.

There could be the possibility that you are pregnant.

However, it is more likely that your Prilosec is not working adequately now you may need a stronger dose.

There is also the possibility of gall bladder having gall stones.

The gall stones would usually cause lots of pain but can be nausea in the early stages.

SO either way you need to follow up with your provider to explore the cause further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm def not pregnant there is no possibility unless it's the second coming and he's coming back as a baby and i'm the new Mary.

I was recently checked for gall stones I had a full ultrasound of my entire stomach are kidney's etc. and it came back negative and the gasto doctor didn't seem too worried about it after that

should/could i take 2 prilosec pills? i'm in VA 7hrs from home at college and I can't follow up with any doctor from here

HA! Well I don't think there is going to be another Savior born so we can eliminate that possibility! :}

What dose is your Prilosec?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is the OTC one its 20.6MG
Yes, you can safely take two. If your nausea is worse in the morning than I would take twice a day 1 tablet but if it is pretty much all day than take both in the morning.

I wish you the best!
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.