Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I have a cyst type lump between the leg and my vagina. It hurts.

Customer Question

I have a cyst type lump between the leg and my vagina. It hurts. What can I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shah :

Hello, Welcome to Just answer!

Customer :

Hello

Dr. Shah :

When did you notice the lump?

Customer :

this cyst type thing 2 days ago

Dr. Shah :

How big is it?

Customer :

its in the crease of my leg

Customer :

its about 2 by 2 inches

Customer :

2 by 1 im sorry

Dr. Shah :

The area you are describing is groin. can you tell me where exactly is the lump?

Dr. Shah :

Ok, I got it

Customer :

if i open my legs its in the crease of my upper leg and the vagina

Dr. Shah :

Do you see any skin color change or opening?

Customer :

its red

Dr. Shah :

Do you have any pain or does it feel warm?

Customer :

painfull

Customer :

not warm

Customer :

because of its location its painfull

Customer :

if it were anywhere else it would not hurt i think

Dr. Shah :

thank you for the information. It looks like you have got folliculitis which is the infection of hair follicle.

Customer :

hum...........what do I do?

Dr. Shah :

Many times, you can treat it at home with conservative measures such as cleaning it with antiseptic solution and using OTC neosporin

Customer :

thats what I am doing :)

Dr. Shah :

You can also take OTC pain meds such as ibuprofen

Customer :

good so I am going about it right

Dr. Shah :

You will see improvement in about a week.

Customer :

how long should i wait until I see a Doctor if its still there?

Dr. Shah :

Yes, you are doing it right.

Customer :

ok got it! Thank you! This sight is awesome!

Dr. Shah :

But make sure to see your doctor when you see the area yellow or you have severe pain and discharge with fever

Customer :

Thank you for this!!!! OK I will.

Dr. Shah :

because this will suggest abscess formation which may require drainage

Customer :

Should I lance it at all with a sterile needle or no?

Dr. Shah :

you are welcome!

Dr. Shah :

thank you for visiting just answer

Dr. Shah :

No, we don't recommend that. It will drain on it's own.

Customer :

ok thanks!!!!

Dr. Shah :

you are welcome!

Customer :

well worth the 24 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Shah :

Thanks

Dr. Shah :

press green button so that I can credit for my time with you.

Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.