CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

nobody will take me serious. I cannot sneeze, but my nose

nobody will take me serious. I cannot sneeze, but my nose is SO DRY. Also my nose starting to bleed today. I have had crazy head pressure as well. the ENT wont take me serious, saying that they dont know...>What can i do.... Symptoms: Face and head pressure, Nose bleed, dry nose ,dry mouth, problems swallowing Tests so far: Allergy Blood work, sinus xray, blood work Reults: Only thing abnormal was noderate high liever ensymes..... This has been since ive gotten back from puerto rico almost 2 months ago.... I need to know what to do and what this can be
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. The first thing to do is use a moisturizing nasal spray such as Ocean:
http://flemingpharma.com/content/view/49/61/
Increase yur fluid intake.. if you have a dry nose, you are not drinking enough water. The bloody nose is due to dryness.. this will be resolved when you increase hydration and use the nasal spray. A dry nose is reason enough to be unable to sneeze... once you restore balance, this will improve as well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how about the headache along with this? I have had a crazy headache......i just feel like the docs dont believe me....this isnt a sign of something like a tumor or a stroke is it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
also its bleeding from both nostrils....not a ton, but there is blood.....
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Dryness can cause headaches as well as nose bleeds. Try increasing water and using the nasal moisture spray... if it doesn't help in a few days please come back here and I'll help you further.
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks. I use the saline every day....it works for like 5 minutes, then gets dry again.....I just feel like nobody will hear me....something is wrong and nobody seems to think so.....it sux
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
I hear you... Doctors and people in general get frustrated when they are unable to find a specific cause for symptoms...this is likely what you are running into. Have you gone to an ear,nose throat specialist?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i went to the ENt and they are just as bad....they jsut keep saying they are not sure what is causing this....I feel lik ei have to sneeze a lot, but nothing....its just weird....then the head pressure...

Should i get a CT or MRI??? Do you think that this could be a sign of a head thing? Because ofthe nose bleeding.....

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
A CT would help rule out things like brain tumor or sinus blockage ( i.e. polyps ) but your Doctor would have to believe that there is a possibility that this is the problem, oterwise insurance will not cover the procedure. IF you are having major headaches, this would be reason enough for the CT and it would be covered.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK thanks. I had one done almost 6 months ago though frmo a concussion....is that ok
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Of course the more radiation you are exposed to through CT scans and such the higher the risk for adverse events in the future, so CT scans are only done when the benefit outweighs the risk. If your Doctor feels that this is the case then, yes a CT scan is in order.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that is what im concerned about. I have had many CTs over my life, so that concernes me....i just hope its nothing serious.....

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Honestly..I don't think it is.. you would be having progressively worsening symptoms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok last question. What other symptoms would be ones that should concern me>
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Pounding Headaches that you wake up with, Vertigo, fainting, tremors, memory lapses and variation in pupil size ( one larger than the other).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Sorry to bother you again. So you told me to come back so i did. the bleeding stopped, but the pressure is still there, and THE INABILITY to sneeze is making me nuts....almost 2 months now without a sneeze.....shoudl i be worrieD?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
no...don't be worried. Honestly..I have personally experienced this same problem in the past.. lots of people have and it will pass. Your reflex to sneeze is not being triggered because your receptors don't perceive an irritant worthy of a reaction ( Full sneeze) Per medhelp.org: "The reflex gets initiated because the nasal receptors are tickled and sends out the sensation however since the irritant is not big enough to sustain the reflex, the reflex is not completed".