Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

what is pulsating in my upper left arm

what is pulsating in my upper left arm?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Greetings,

Where precisely in the upper arm? Over how large area? Is there any pain? Can you feel it? Does the pulse rate is similar to your pulse at the wrist?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
About 3 inches above my elbow joint laterally. It is not painful. I can definitely feel it. You can even see it twitching when it does this.
Also, I am a physical therapist assistant student, and if I can relate the feeling to something similar, it kind of feels like e-stim.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

This can be a muscle twitch. Nerve does not pulsate. Usually it goes away within a few days. Benign twitch can be due electrolyte and vitamin deficiency. You can avoid taking caffeine, avoid anxiety which are common precipitating factors. Exercise can also cause muscles to twitch. Take plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables to correct any deficiency. Some nerve diseases like, ALS, MS, Parkinson's disease or brain tumor or myopathy can be a factor for twitching. If the symptoms persist , it will be prudent to get a consultation with a doctor.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are there any particular vitamins that I should take to help this? I live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, the temperature has been very warm, up to 122 degrees in the last few weeks, can this be a factor?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
You can try B vitamins. High temperature can cause dehydration which can be a factor. Try to keep good hydration.