Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Following measures would help you;
1) Ice compresses; three to four times a day, 10-15 minutes each time.
2) Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil) three to four times a day.
3) Knee brace
4) Local analgesic cream or spray.
5) Knee care in the activities of daily living. Few simple self-care measures can be remarkably effective in ending pain cycle.
a) Avoid prolonged standing or walking or sitting with joint in a single position.
b) whenever you sit, keep the knee stretched and fold them intermittently.
c) Squatting, sitting cross legged should not be done.
d) Avoid climbing stairs, till the pain subsides completely.
e) Avoid sitting legs unsupported or hanging.
6) Rest; Taking a break from your normal activities reduces repetitive strain on your knee, gives the time to heal and helps prevent further damage.
7) Physical therapy; the goal of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles around your knee and help you regain knee stability. These are the exercise resources for the knee. You can pick the exercises which suits you;
Please feel free for your follow up questions.