A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

had a severe headache accompanied by nausea and fatigue for the past

I have a 24 year old son who has had a severe headache accompanied by nausea and fatigue for the past 3 days. His says the pain peaks to a "10" at times, but seems to maintain most of the time at an " 8." He has tried taking Excedrin and Ibuprofen, but they brought no relief at all. Sudafed is the only thing that reduces the pain slightly, but today, not even that is working. He has no fever and no stiffness in his neck. He does have a history of complex partial seizures, but hasn't had one in a long time.

My question is: Does this warrant a trip to the ER or Urgent Care? Will they be able do anything for him? He feels certain they will just tell him to ride it out.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. It does warrant a trip to a medical provider tonight or the morning. He may be having a migraine and they would provide medication for that. There are any number of different drugs to relieve migraine.