Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

my bleeding..sexually active not pregnant dont smoke

i am 39 hist of irreg periods i am on yasmin to control my periods 4 yrs now cycles r shorter and less bleeding however in early july i misssd 9 days of pills i started cycle again it took 14 days to stop a wk went by and i was back to white pills my cycle started i took my pills i stopped after 7 days i had no bleeding at all for 4 days this is embarrasing after an orgasm no penetration i started again 4 few min then it turned brown after another orgasm same thing i am not sexually active not pregnant dont smoke what do u think
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
This could be due to the irregularity of the way you took the pills. Also, this could be a thyroid condition, this could be a problem with a vaginal infection too, or a possible polyp of the cervix or uterus, and then finally possibly cervical dysplasia.
So, although most likely this is just a matter of helping you get back on tract with your birth control pills, I would recommend getting evaluated by an ob/gyn, you need a pelvic exam, a pelvic ultrasound, an endometrial biopsy of the inside of the uterus, a TSH thyroid blood test and a PAP smear.
I hope this helps, Please Click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated, and if you have additional questions, please ask, thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
May I ask how this came so late - I answered your question literally and very completely 5 minutes and 1 second later -
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i finally found your reply sorry what r the chances of cancer
The likelihood of cancer is very low, but for anyone over the age of 35 with irregular bleeding, cancer needs to be ruled out, so cancer risk is less than 1%, so very low..