Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

vaginal..his head is big and I dont think he can see

A 29 year old female presents to your office for evaluation. Two months ago, she underwent an uncomplicated vaginal delivery. In your office today, she reports her son: "does not seem right and his head is big and I don't think he can see." The mother informs you that there are three cats living in the apartment, and during her pregnancy, she had an episode of "mono-like" syndrome with postauricular adenopathy. What is the most likely diagnosis.

The most likely diagnosis is toxoplasmosis.
If the mom changed the cat litter, this is likely where she got it, as cats can carry toxoplasmosis.

The classic triad for congenital toxoplasmosis is chorioretinitis, hydrocephalus and intracranial calcifications. The hydrocephalus can lead to the head looking larger.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!