Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I was prescribed Bacrim DS for a UTI and I took 3 tablest over

I was prescribed Bacrim DS for a UTI and I took 3 tablest over the last 2 days. I stopped yesterday morning because I was feeling dizzy, anxious, and nausiated. I took the 3rd pill yesterday morning. This morning I woke up and can hardly move the muscles in my neck and shoulders. Should I be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Dizziness, anxiety, nausea & muscle aches are documented side effects of bacrim, they can be a part of separate pathology but since you have taken the drug and got these symptoms they can be side effects of this drug and i recommend that you should visit your doctor to get yourself examined and investigated and get an alternative drug for your UTI.

I am sending a link where you can view this.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/bactrim-side-effects.html

I hope this helps you.

Click ACCEPT if you agree

REGARDS

DR HASAN

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I found this same information on drugs.com but I am wondering if I should be alarmed and seek immeadiate treatment or if the muscle symptoms should subside just as the nausia, etc did after I discontined the Bactrim? It is Sunday and I would have to go to the emergency room. Do you think it would be o.k to wait until in the morning when my doctor is in her office? Also, I took an advil. Do you think that's o.k?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

Yes you should seek immediate medical attention because the drug remains in our blood even after discontinuation moreover going to ER will rule out some separate pathology if you have?

Regards