Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

13 days ago, on July 19th, I had a complete Ethmiodectomy surgery

13 days ago, on July 19th, I had a complete Ethmiodectomy surgery to remove polyps. It was a 3 hr procedure. Last Sunday July 26th, I woke up with heel pain in my foot. It hurt to bare my weight on the heel of my foot. I feel like I have had this problem in the past, but it went a way after a day, or two. The pain is only very dull now, but I am aware of it. Do I need to worry that it is some sort of complication from the surgery, or is there another likely cause? I am not overweight. I am 5'9 145 lbs.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Since you just did have surgery and now are experiencing lower extremity pain, I would recommend that you be seen to have this looked int.o. It could be a complication from the surgery known as deep vein thrombosis and to be diagnosed would require an ultrasound of your leg. Something like this needs to be treated immediately.

If the ultrasound comes back negative then it is possible that this is merely coincidental and could be attributed to something like plantar fascitis, heel spur, or tarsal tunnel syndrome. These would also require treatment but are not as emergent.