Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

bleeding..urine burns worse..nappy rash shop..paraderm first aid cream

my son seems to have some sort of alergic reaction to certain foods wich as soon as he does a poo it burns him red raw and he ends up weeping and bleeding then the urine burns worse it is not a nappy rash shop brought tomato based sauces are the worst as with anything with food acids in them we try cook from scratch with everything basic but it still comes and gos and ends up with him screaming in pain we used sudocrem nappy cream on it as well as paraderm first aid cream to numb it when its really bad any ideas?he is 18 months and this has been ongoing since he started solids his brother was the same but not quite as bad
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
According to all information provided it is apparent that probably the child is suffering from 'Wheat Intolerance' or wheat allergy.In this problem some kids experience diarrhea with pain abdomen .In the stools a chemical(ammonia) is released because of the inability of child to digest wheat which causes irritation of the bum .Hence the child gets rash and many parents confuse it with Fungal rash.Please see the link provided.
http://www.kidsallergies.co.uk/WheatAllergiesInKids.html

Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is not a rash it is a large angry red patch not usually spotty just red where ever the feaces has been in contact not always diarrhea can be sometimes burns on contact often starts screaming as soon as he gos to the toilet and it comes in contact with his skin
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
Second possibilty is that probably he is having worm infestation which can be tape worm infestation.It some time also present as urinary infection.In all cases his stool should be examined .Meanwhile ,you should apply some antibiotic cream to that area and try to keep him nappy free for at least one hour.It will help.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he has been wormed regularly and this is ongoing for at least 12 months so i don't think so as stated it burns as soon as feaces touches skin - jucies , tomato based sauces, spices, and i think preservatives etc etc all seem to set him off but often we can't pick what has caused it to flare up? we try to keep his diet farly plain and limit packaged foods but even that does not help

Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
Give him boiled and cooled water for at least one month.Avoid packaged foods.Moreover,give him purred fruits and rice in diet more than wheat.Moreover avoiding fizzy drinks will also help.You can also go for checking his stools again.Maybe he is being under treated for stool worms .Complete medicine course should be give to eradicate worms completely from diet.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
as i said he is 18 months who in thier right mind gives an 18mth old fizzy drink anyway! we live in australia our tap water is fine he has been does corrctly for worms so i find that highly unlikly he eats rice quite often he does not eat a lot of bread he does not like it anyway , pasta but thats about it it does not nornmally flare up after pasta??? as i said we already try to avoid as much packaged stuff as we can unless we know it does not affect him.
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
I re list the question for other experts.Maybe some one else will give his opinion about this.You know without examining the patient it is really hard to say something with 100% surety.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok having put a bit of thought into this could it be celiac disease?

my mother grandmother brothers and myself have always had what we call allergies we can go fropm constipation to diahrrea very quickly we all tend to be a little lactose intorellerant we think we all get bloating and flatulence, pain and neasea after some foods breads icecream, a lot of milk, cheese, fruits etc, my grandmother was talking to her dr yesterday and her blood test showed she is anemic and her dr suggested she should get tested for it. my mother is also anemic. both my boys tend to get tummy pains and bloating and there poo is usually rather loose but can be solid or occationally diaherra after looking into what you said about wheat it is in everything so we would eat a lot i guess.?

Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
The symptoms suggest it is some food intolerance.Can be Coeliac Disease even.However,kids with coeliac disease some time do not grow normally.They have weak immunity and look smaller then their age .They have bad health and nutritional deficiencies.There is no harm if you get them checked for any food intolerance.It can be wheat or egg allergy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they do seem to get every bug going around but they are in daycare i don't think they are small for there age the older one is actually quite tall for his age they do often get bad breath i don't know about nutrient defficentcies i have never been told anything to indicate this as yet , i usually give the 4 yr old multivitamines and omega 3 oils though.
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
But still we cannot completely rule out the food allergy.The diarrhea off an on with constipation is a positive indication towards some sort of food intolerance.Must be checked out.
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK